Summer is Winding Down in Cloudcroft


This summer has been the wettest and lushest Cloudcroft summer in my memory. There was a storm during the night and the village was blanketed in a fog when I first went out to walk the dogs this morning. A nippy 40 degrees had us walking at a nice clip.
The interesting thing is, that despite the waning of summer, many berries continue to add blooms to their branches. The second blooming of elderberries and the wild strawberries is rather unusual. In addition, many of the wildflowers have continued to exhibit their blossoms. There are hints that the aspen leaves are beginning a subtle change and I suspect the wildflowers will be caught unaware by an early frost.
I have seen many cottontails here this summer and watched two of them playing one morning. One was charging and then jumping over the other. That happened several times and then they finally chased each other around and around in a circle. I suspected they were siblings. It makes me smile to remember it now and their appearances inspired the colored pencil painting above of the little bunny among the wild strawberries.
Tomorrow we leave for a short trip to Texas and I will be jolted from the lush coolness of this area to the drought ridden heat of south Texas. I wish I could take some moisture and coolness with me to share with that area.
May you be well, happy and filled with lovingkindness ~ Linda

Comments

  1. Your painting reminds me so much on Marjolein Bastin (who is Dutch, like I!) -so adorable, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

TIP: Colored pencil breaking? Time to start baking!

Zentangle, Zendoodle...

Finally Finished Cypress Trees in Colored Pencil